Methodist (Uniting) Church (1902)
Following the opening of the railway in Lowood in 1884, Cribb and Foote of Ipswich opened a produce store at the corner of Main and Michel Streets.
Lowood's first Wesleyan-Methodist services were held there from 1887.
In 1892 The Brisbane Courier reported a Wesleyan Methodist Church had been erected in Church Street, at a cost of £135.
The Queensland Times Lowood correspondent noted: "We have a neat little Wesleyan Church here, prettily situated on the top of the hill, from which a very attractive view can be obtained of the surrounding district."
In 1899 a parsonage was built next to the church in Church Street by Messrs E. Pysden and A. Cole.
The first wedding at the church was on October 10, 1900 when William Weir Flewell-Smith, third son of John Flewell-Smith of Orchard Farm, married Louisa Isabella Michel, eldest daughter of local storekeepers, Ewald and Gertrude Michel.
Eventually the first church was outgrown and n 1902 it was replaced with the present building, known as Lowood Methodist Church.
It was built by local carpenter and cabinet maker William Weir Flewell-Smith to seat a congregation of 200.
In 1948 a former staff hut from the decommissioned Lowood RAAF airfield at Mt Tarampa was erected behind the church and used as the church hall for the next 39 years. In 1956 the old parsonage was replaced with a new manse.
In 1977, when Methodist, Presbyterian and Congregational churches united in Australia, this church was renamed Lowood Uniting Church.
The old church hall was replaced in 1987 with the 'Centenary Hall' that commemorates the first 100 years of Wesleyan-Methodist-Uniting services in Lowood.
Lowood Uniting Church is the second oldest surviving church in Lowood (after St James's).
The church's original entrance porch was replaced in 1985 but the interior is mostly intact, including the vaulted polished timber ceiling.