Historic Cemeteries (from 1880)
Many of the district's early settlers and their families can be traced at nine local cemeteries. Some early headstones were inscribed in German and rare examples can still be seen.
- Lowood Trinity Lutheran Cemetery Bethel Section (1880) Forest Hill-Fernvale Road (opposite Eagle Rise). The first Bethel Lutheran Church was built here in 1876. Graves date from 1880 when this was also used as the town's general cemetery. http://www.chapelhill.homeip.net/FamilyHistory/Photos/Lowood-Trinity_Lutheran_Cemetery-Bethel_Section/
- Lowood Trinity Lutheran Cemetery St Mark's Section (1880) Forest Hill-Fernvale Road near Lowood-Minden Road. http://www.chapelhill.homeip.net/FamilyHistory/Photos/Lowood-Trinity_Lutheran_Cemetery-St_Marks_Section/
- Lowood General Cemetery (c1887) cnr Nunns Rd and Clarendon Rd. http://www.chapelhill.homeip.net/FamilyHistory/Photos/Lowood-General/
- St Michael's Catholic Cemetery (1888) cnr Fairfield and Klibbe Roads. In 1888 Michael and Roselia Kluck donated two acres of their land for a cemetery and St Michael's Catholic Church (removed in 1934).
- Tarampa Baptist Cemetery (1933), Forest Hill-Fernvale Road, near intersection of Rifle Range Road.
- Vernor Baptist Cemetery (c1876), Old Fernvale Road.
- Tarampa Apostolic Cemetery (c1900), Manthey Road.
- St John's Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery (1891), Lowood-Minden Road.
- Baptist Cemetery (c1880), Lowood-Minden Road.