St John's Lutheran Church Coolana (1891)
This historic church is National Heritage listed.
St John's was built by the local Lutheran community who settled around here when this area was still known as Hillside.
Erected in 1891, this historically significant church has the typical characteristics of many churches built in Queensland's Colonial era - weatherboard cladding, steeply pitched iron-clad roof and pointed arch motif windows.
In 1909 a new organ was installed in the church and in 1913 a bell was placed in the 10m belfry.
The cemetery contains graves with German inscriptions dating from the 1890s.